Tech-no-media update: june 2009

Posted on Friday, July 3, 2009 by Erlik

Wow, June what a month! No only is it the start of summer, it also was the real start of this blog. This is the first month where I got significant traffic on Tech-no-media: I have cleared the 25,000 visitors per month mark for the first time!

The site also got a visual upgrade: I finally made a real top banner for the site and I overhauled my twitter page. I am also pretty much finished with the advertising experiments. In the end I decided to focus on Adsense and on selling squares trough Technorati engage. I put up some project Wonderful ads but won't collect from them: I will reinvest that money in PW ads to promote the Blog. I am also removing the Amazon sidebar widget: it does not work as well as text links and takes a lot of space. Finally I m giving an unused square of advertising to Free Software Daily. I quite like that site and my stories get promoted from time to time, so I may as well send some traffic their way.

I am also getting better at finding out what you want to read. The most popular post for this month were:

1) Taking Gloria out for a spin: A review of Linux Mint
2) An interview with Clem from Linux Mint
3) Microsoft reminds us that Windows is f*cking expensive
4) Linux Netbooks: back to the facts
5) PR disaster alert: Asus attacks on Linux

So, I guess you like Linux, netbooks, reviews, interviews and editorials.

Well, rest assured that I have more of these coming soon. Next week I will start a series of post on Gnome themes for Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Each post in the series will showcase a window decorations, widgets, icon sets and wallpapers on one topic and show a few examples of how they can be blended together.

I will also publish more reviews of free or open source software and try to get more interviews of developers. The interviews are somewhat out of my control (people need to accept them) but I'll try my best. I'll probably continue to write one or two editorials per week. Since Tech-no-media is mainly an opinion blog these are the backbone of the site, but I will try not to overload the blog with them.

As usual the tutorials are published on Tech-no-media's sister blog From Windows to Linux for the average Joe Recently I published "From where do you get Linux" and "How to download and burn a Linux Mint or Ubuntu live CD". This should be pretty obvious for most of you, but these can be legitimate question for a new Linux user, especially a non technical ones.

Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark newsvine live slashdot Submit to OSNews

0 Responses to "Tech-no-media update: june 2009":