Updates on Tech-no-media

Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 by Erlik

Beside the articles published on the main Tech-no-media blog, a few interesting articles have appeared on the specialized blogs:

On "From Windows to Linux for the average Joe"

5 disadvantages of Linux: When someone want to switch from Windows to Linux, he or she has a tendency to only think about the advantages of Linux and not think about the disadvantages. There is a bit of a "the grass is always greener at the other side of the fence" effect at play here. Most people have very good reasons to switch from Windows to Linux, but before actually switching it is important to review the disadvantages of Linux as well as the advantages. So what are the things that Linux does NOT do well?

What is the best Linux distribution for beginners: One of the questions I see the most in forums and sites like Yahoo Answers is : "What is the best Linux distribution for beginners?" or "What is the easiest Linux distribution?" Well, unlike what you may think these questions are not that easy to answer, as the easiest Linux distribution is not necessarily the best for all beginners because other factors like the availability of support and commercial applications availability have to be taken into account.

On "Online Video Producer"

Good light makes a video podcast shine:When shooting a video podcast there is one thing that makes all the difference between a glorified home video and a true studio production: good light. In the video world light is like magic: it makes your host's wrinkles disappear, whitens it's teeth, put the shine in his eyes and give him that aura that true video hosts have. The point is that to shoot a good video podcast you first need to have good light.

Overall this was really a Minty week between my review of Linux Mint, my interview of Clem and
"What is the best Linux distribution for beginners" that covers Linux Mint too! I also experimented a bit with the ads on the Blog. Not that it brings me much money currently, but the blog is seeing a nice growth in readership and I want to be ready if it does really take off.

For those that are interested this week was the busiest ever on the blog: almost 2000 visitors on Windows to Linux and an astonishing 5400 visitors on Tech-no-media. when combined that's more than a thousand visitors per day on average. For a blog on which I have started to seriously post only 2 months ago this is not bad!

I have also noticed that the most successful articles are the ones about Linux and open source, so I will try to write more on these subjects. That is a good thing because I am myself a big Linux fan and it is a topic I love to write about! In fact I am already working on a Linux related post for Monday. I have also added a contact form to the blog for those of you who want to contact me directly.

To be sure not to miss any posts you can subscribe to Tech-no-Media or Follow me on Twitter.

Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark newsvine live slashdot Submit to OSNews

0 Responses to "Updates on Tech-no-media":